Copper Powder: A powder that is made from grinding copper into powder. This powder can be used to make powdered metal products and electronic carbon products.
The classification of copper powder in
1. Atomized copper dust: A light rose-red powder that is irregular in color, it can be found using the atomization technique.
2. Copper powder electrolytic: Red copper powder and pure copper are both available in rose-red color. This powder is widely used for diamond tools and electrical carbon products. It can also be used to make friction materials.
3. Copper oxide powder: A copper oxide powder’s particle size is 100 microns.
4. Bronze powder refers to the powder that is in the shape of an cyan ball.
5. Brass powder: An irregular yellow powder which can be used to make bearing materials and diamond products.
6. Copper powder – This floating flake pigment is composed of some copper powder, zinc and aluminium powders by smelting and grinding. However, the harder the powder of copper is, and more it flickers, the lower the hiding power. However, smaller particles will give you a stronger metallic feeling and a more subtle colour. This is what makes the concealing power better. Pure and vibrant, the copper colour and the pink color are healthy. It is possible to create different metal effects depending on different applications and different hues.
7. Atomized copper alloy (powder): This alloy is made up of copper and various alloy elements. The composition of the powder and manufacturing process will differ depending on the alloy. Many specifications and varieties are available. Different products have different performance. It’s used widely in many industries like powder metallurgy (chemical industry), electrical alloy, and others.
8. Copper-gold Powder: This powder mainly contains copper and zinc alloy elements and is the traditional Chinese golden yellow colour. Product particle sizes are in the micron-range. The average particle size d50 for the product is 440 microns. Microscopically, they appear scaly. The copper-gold product has a number of benefits, including high hiding power and excellent resistance to weather.
In case of emergency, isolate the affected area. Turn off ignition. Safety glasses (full-face masks or dust masks) are recommended for emergency workers. You should dispose of the material in an airtight container, with a cover and a shovel. Collect and recycle any large amount of leakage
Safety precautions Safety glasses and self-priming filter masks are recommended for operators. Avoid heat and fire; it is strongly forbidden to smoke in the workplace. Make sure to use explosion-proof ventilation equipment. Avoid contact of oxidants, acids, and halogens. Use caution when handling the package to avoid damage. The containers come with the correct types and quantity of leakage emergency treatment and fire fighting equipment. There may be hazardous residues in empty containers.
Take precautions when storing: Make sure to store in a cool and ventilated place. You should keep it away from heat and flames. Keep it out of direct heat and away from acids, oxidants and halogens. You have the right type and amount of fire gear. You would need to equip the storage space with appropriate materials in order to stop any leakage.
Copper powder moisture measurement method:
(1) Karl Fischer method
Karl Fischer is an injection method that uses water as a sample. This is done when the Karl Fischer Reagent within the instrument’s electrolytic cells reaches equilibrium. Water is involved in the redox process of sulfur dioxide, iodine, and other chemicals. When pyridine and alcohol are present, the products pyridinium-iodate (and methyl group) can be produced. Pyridine sulfurate is the product of the anode’s electrolysis. The redox reaction will continue until all the water has been exhausted. Faraday’s law of Electrolysis says that electrolysis produces iodine proportionate to how much electricity is consumed. Karl Fischer Moisture Analyzer cannot measure up to 10-4 under ideal conditions; consumables such as reagents, are substantial; measuring time is excessive.
(2) Oven method
Following the principle of “loss on drying”, the sample is dried in an oven. It then gets weighed and converted into a moisture value. The oven method is used to determine a prolonged time.
(3) Rapid moisture meter determination method
Following the principle of drying weightlessness, the samples are placed in trays and heat to dry them. The time required is very short and their stability is high.
Luoyang Tech Co. Ltd. (HT0_ Copper Powder Manufacturer) has over 12 years’ experience in chemical product development and research. You can contact us to request high-quality copper powder .