This is a form of mineral powder. It’s composed mainly of carbon simple substance. It has a dark grey color and is soft in quality. Graphite can be used in refractory, conductive, wear-resistant lubricating and other applications that require high temperatures and electrical conductivity.
Properties of high purity graphite powder
At room temperature graphite powder has a stable chemical composition. It is insoluble with water, dilute acid, alkalis, organic solvents, and alcohol. It is more difficult to oxidize graphite by acids under heating. However, at high temperatures it can react with several metals to create metal carbides which can smelt high-temperature metals.
Graphite is a sensitive chemical substance. Its resistance will fluctuate in different environments. That is to say, it will have a lower resistance than the one you are used to. But, this will not affect its value. Graphite powder, a very strong non-metallic conductive metal, is among the best. If graphite is present in an insulating item, it can be energized as a wire.
Because of its unique structure graphite powder exhibits the following properties:
Types that are resistant to high temperatures: The melting point and boiling point of graphite respectively is 3850+-50 and 4325. Even when graphite powder is heated to ultra-high temperatures, it will not lose much weight and has a very low thermal expansion coefficient. The temperature rises and graphite powder’s strength increases. At 2000°C graphite powder’s strength doubles.
2) Electric and thermal conductivity. The graphite has an electrical conductivity that is 100x greater than other non-metallic minerals. The thermal conductivity of graphite is greater than the one for metals like steel, iron, or lead. Temperature increases the thermal conductivity. Even at extreme high temperatures graphite can be used as an insulator.
2) Lubricity: The size and composition of the graphite flakes determines how graphite powder performs in lubricating. The lubricating power of graphite powder is dependent on the size and friction coefficient of the flakes.
4) Chemical stability Graphite powder is very stable at room temperatures and resists acid, alkali, and organic solvent erosion.
5) Plasticity – Graphite powder can be easily connected to form very thin flakes.
6) Temperature shock resistance: Graphite is resistant to extreme changes in temperature. The volume of graphite won’t change much if the temperature suddenly changes. There will be no cracks.
Luoyang Trunnano Tech Co., Ltd.
Over 12 years’ experience in developing and researching chemical products. You can pay by Credit Card, T/T or West Union. Trunnano ships goods by FedEx or DHL to overseas customers by air and sea.
Feel free to ask for graphite powder in high-quality.
Get in touch
You can also send us an enquiry