Flake graphite formed naturally under very high temperatures at high pressure. It is possible to achieve crystallinity at high temperatures and pressures. The graphitization rate is also very high. This makes it possible to mass produce lithium-ion aode materials. China’s graphite industries have seen rapid growth in production and processing of spherical products. There is now an increasing trend.
Spherical-graphite, made with high-quality high carbon natural flake and is modified by advanced processing technology. These graphite products have elliptical shapes and are made with different grades of graphite.
To produce graphite with different sizes and shapes, Spherical Graphite employs sophisticated processing technology. Flake graphite can be also used to create spherical or spherical-shaped graphite. However, the processing technology is not as advanced.
1. Recombination for fine particles
Fine particle compounds are the use of equipment that can be used to compound fine powder particles.
2. Wet grinding.
Wet grinding the ore of spherical-graphite can speed up production and decrease production costs.
3. Ball milling using high-energy energy, as well as special crushing or classification.
A combination of high-energy grinding processes and specific crushing and grading has a positive effect on the formation and growth of cryptocrystalline graphite. However, graphite particles are not uniform in size.
The SphericalGraphite Processing Mechanism: First, the natural flake graphite powder must be crushed down to a size that is suitable for the task. Second, the processing of De-cornerization will take place. Then the grading device can be used to deangle the spherical parts. Third, the fine powder, which was separated during this process, is removed to produce spherical and normal graphite distribution.
First, choose the graphite raw ingredients.
A good quality raw material should have a proper particle size. A coarser material will result in a higher cost. However, finer materials will have a lower output rate. The price of raw materials can also be increased if too many auxiliary items are used. According to studies, it is preferable to produce spherical carbonite from raw materials with a particle diameter of -100 mesh.
But carbon content is another important aspect. The cost per unit of raw material will increase if it is high. As the carbon content decreases, so will the number of purification passes. This will lead to equipment wearing faster and higher costs. The total cost will be the lowest if 95% to 96% are used in practice.
2. The choice of spherical processing equipment
div style=”text_align: justify 1″ The airflow vortex crusher is used extensively in the spherical production process. It provides both crushing efficiency and chamfering. You should also pay close attention to how the grading equipment is selected. This will have an impact on the yield of spheroidized Graphite as well as the control over technical indicators.
(2) A lot of lithium ion batteries require graphite-anode materials that are above 99.95% purity. This makes the whole production process crucial and essential. Chemical purification is used to make high-purity spherical Graphite. Since chemical raw material are made up of strong acid substances all, it is essential that purification equipment be corrosion and acid resistant. Equipment must have high temperature resistance because chemical purification happens at a temperature.
(3) After the chemical react is complete, the impurities of the spherical Graphite are dissolved in the reaction mixture. Only then can the impurities be washed. The main washing equipment is the centrifuge or filter press. A filter press has several advantages: high recycling rate, reduced running material, easy to use, safety, and simplicity. The downside is the poor washing performance and inability to choose a dead angle. There are many advantages to using the centrifuge, including the fact that washing results in sufficient water and good quality. But there are more disadvantages, like more running material, increased waste, labor intensity at discharge, safety and ease-of-infeudality with the filter press, as well as less water and wasted water. The combination of the two can work well.
(4) Dry the Spherical graphite following purification. Secondary pollution during drying can be a problem. The spherical-graphite’s ability to withstand drying will suffer due to impurities. Drying equipment includes drying kilns, microwave dryers, and drying furnace.
Lemondedudroit, a professional Spherical Graphite CP maker with more 12 years in chemical products research, development, and manufacturing. Please contact us if your are interested in high-quality Spherical Graphite C Powder.