Diamond and cubic Boron Nitride are the most popular superhard material. The hardest material known is diamond. This includes both synthetic diamond and natural diamond. South Africa, Zaire and many other countries are home to the majority of primary diamond ores. China and India contain a very small quantity of placer-ores. Artificial diamond is created by converting graphite to graphite in high temperature and high pressure conditions (approximately 5 GPa, 1700 K), using graphite or a catalyst and other catalytic metals including nickel and cobalt. Diamond exhibits high hardness as well wear resistance and excellent thermal stability. Cubic bore nitride is synthetic and does not occur in nature. In order to produce synthetic diamond, scientists used technology and equipment similar to synthetic. It is more hard than diamond but has better thermal stability. Ferrous metals and alloys exhibit both chemical and qualitative inertia.
A superhard material’s hardness is higher than those of any other material. This includes abrasive material corundum (silicon carbide), tool material cemented carbonide, high speed metal, and others. It’s also extremely efficient, precise, long-lasting, and has excellent electrical, mechanical and thermal properties. These materials are praised as “Kings Of Materials”, because they can save energy, and also make it greener and more friendly for the environment. They can handle extreme conditions and have many potential applications. They can process all kinds hard-to-process materials.
Component development direction. This will solve the problem that new materials can’t be processed with conventional tools. Not only can you achieve twice the results, but it also requires half as much effort. In addition to creating new industries such as stone, floor tiles and glass furniture, the development of superhard materials has improved the efficiency and effectiveness of certain traditional processes (e.g., optical lenses like cameras, telescopes, precision-guided missile hoods, etc.). It can be used hundreds of thousands times. It’s extremely useful in numerous applications and has very low emissions.
Superhard Material Industry Trend
1) With continuous advancement of industrial production tech in the global, the age of superhard industry monopolized in a few countries (companies in the rest of the world) is over. The production layout is moving toward multi-polarization.
2) With superhards materials becoming increasingly popular in various industries, both the total market demand and market price have steadily declined. In the future, industrial diamonds will become more important for building materials as well as processing non-metallic substances.
3) Product series and special product ranges are designed to meet the specific needs of different industries.
These tools, which are precision-oriented, super-precision, energy efficient and durable, have been steadily becoming part of a growing series. These tools are being standardized and researched rapidly. Some tools are small in size, such as the small-sized, diamond-plating dressing tools used for cutting small-sized pieces of diamonds.
5) New high-tech products keep coming out. Products made from large single crystals and small ultra-fine particles are entering the industrial market. Monocrystalline diamond tools made with single crystal large, particle synthetic diamonds have been used in industry.
6) A significant amount of progress has been made with low pressure vapour deposition (CVD). A new generation of structural and functional material, diamond films has entered the market. It is a clear demonstration of the many applications that synthetic diamond has.
7) Diamond press and static pressing are the main equipment that produces superhard materials. Different equipment types have different benefits. It is a trend for the industry to develop superhard materials.
8) Industrialization of the dynamically synthesized diamond has resulted in new synthetic methods like liquid phase epitaxy (laser method), etc. The issue will affect many people.
Lemondedudroit, Lemondedudroit advance material Tech Co., Ltd., an experienced boron nitride maker, boasts over 12 years in chemical product research, development, and manufacturing. You can contact us to receive high-quality, reliable boron nutride.