Bismuthtrioxide Bi2O3 – An important functional substance, it is found primarily in the 4 crystal types: roof, net, and. Different crystal types are able to be used in different ways. Leume, which is a monoclinic type of yellow crystal has an 8.9 ratio and an melting point 825. It is non-soluble in acids and water, but it can dissolve in alkali. Cubic crystal of bright yellow and orange with an relative density of 8.55. The melting point is 860. This substance can dissolve in acid but it cannot be dissolved in water. The metal bismuth can be reduced by hydrocarbon or hydrogen. Bi2o3 (a unique material that contains a cubic fluorite structural, 25% of which are unoccupied) is very conductive of oxygen ions. Bismuth is used in the electronic ceramic, powder material, photoelectric material as well high temperature superconducting, material and catalyst. A key additive for electronic ceramic materials is bismuth. Its purity must exceed 99.15%. The principal application objects of bismuth ore are the three main categories: zinc oxide varistors; ceramic capacitors; and ferrite magniti materials. There are many uses for bismuth, including as a doped powder in electronics, a valuable organic synthesis material, a plastic flame retardant or medicinal astringent and a glass additive.
It was mixed with sodium hydroxylide water solution without carbon dioxide to make bismuth Nitrate solution (8090). The solution didn’t become acidic during the precipitation. It precipitated white and expanded bismuth dioxide hydrate. Once the solution had been heated up, it was stirred briefly, then dried to make yellow bismuth trioxide. By water decanting, the bismuthoxide was filtered and dried.
Use 1.5mol/L sodium solution to dissolve carbon dioxide. Add 0.1mol/L bi-smuth nitrate solution, dissolved in 1mol/L acid (at 8090), and mix the two. The solution stays basic even after precipitation. The solution formed as a white-colored, extended Bi(OH3)3 deposit. After it was stirred in hot solution, the bismuth triooxide became pale yellow. Then rinse the solution 15 times. After drying, dry the product with decanting.
After the melting of the metal bismuth, the graphite crucible was filled with oxygen. A ring was made between the graphite electrodes. You must ensure that the oxygen is constantly supplied to the crucible. The reaction temperature was 800 750, and 99.8% purity. Once the products are cooled, either in hot water or on a piece of cold metal foil, they can be used to make jewelry.
Slowly mix the remaining sodium carbonate solution with Bi(NO3)3*5H2O acids solution (20g, dissolved in 2mol/L NNO3) and stir well. Bi2O3CO3 is precipitated. Filtered, washed, then dried. You can heat it up at 650K for around 1.5h in an aluminum box.
5. You can burn the basic bismuth citrate at 400500 in order to get rid of NO3-ions (34h).
2 biono3 = *Bi2O3+NO +NO2 + O2
At the end, the burned skins turn to lemon yellow upon cooling.
6. You can clean 16kg99.9% of bismuth industrial surface by using a very small amount dilute nitrate, followed by conductive water. You will then need to add the 1:1 high purity nitric (35 kg Nitrate and 20 with a relative density at 1.42 l. Water conductivity), which should take 10 minutes. The filtrate was heated up to 65 70. It was then evaporated and concentrated until it reached a relative density of 1.9. Once the filtrate was crystallized and cooled to a relative density of 1.9, it was dried. Once the dilute bismuth solution has been dissolved, heat it under stirring and let the filtrate dry. Next, wash the filter with thermal conductivity water several times.
1. Electrofunctional material
Electronic functional powders such as bismuth dioxide powder are widely used to make sensitive parts, dielectric ceramics and many other electronic components. This material has the following characteristics: high quality requirements; low quantity; and broad surface. Alpha Bi2O3 has the best monocline structural stability. There are many oxygenvacancies in its crystal structure. Furthermore, it is highly conductive and can be used as a solid oxide fuel cell or sensor. This active substance is often used for chemical power supply. Bismuth oxide can also be used for corrosion prevention for mercury-free batteries, as well as electrode material for lithium and an additive to boost the battery’s ability to recharge. This material was used as an ingredient in EMD, which is the positive electrode of primary batteries. The battery’s performance was excellent under deep charges.
2. Combustion catalyst
Lead oxide plays an important part in the Department of Double-Base Solid Propeller Burning Rate Catalyst. While it can boost the burning rate and lower the pressure exponent of propellants, its toxicity is much greater. This could cause a potential or direct harm to human health or the environment. Bismuth compound has a very low toxicity, lower smoke emissions, and high burning rate. It was found that nano Bi2O3 (nano Bi2O3) in the low pressure section had a faster propellant burning speed than nano PbO. These compounds also have the function to lower propellant pressure index.
3. The photocatalytic destruction of materials
The photocatalysis of Bi2O3 has been shown to allow it to process nitrite-containing effluents. Bi2O3’s photocatalytic activity is high, according to the results. A nanomaterial’s photocatalytic performance is enhanced because of its large specific area, numerous surface active points, as well as high levels of photocatalytic activation.
4. It has been reported in the literature that the nanoparticles coated with bismuth oxide of sodium dodecylbenzenesulfonate have a large trivalent nonlinear optical coefficient, which is significant for the development of nonlinear optical devices even under weak light.
5. Urethaneheparin graft copolymer is an antithrombotic medical material, that can be used to make interventional catheters. You must fill the catheter with nano-bismuthoxide ultrafine powder. The material is incomperable to Xray.
6. Radiation-proof material.
Today’s radiation protection material is largely lead. It can be harmful for both the human body as well the environment. Bismuth (a green metal) has a greater attenuation value than lead. This combination, which combines strong radiation resistance from bismuth oxide and quantum effects of nanomaterials gives it high potential for use in development.
Lemondedudroit (Lemondedudroit advance material Tech Co., Ltd.), is a Bi2O3 specialist with over 12 year experience in chemical products development. You can contact us to request high-quality Bi2O3.